Thursday, October 30, 2014

Overslept, underpaid, way over stressed...

Yesterday, I woke up with the excitement of believing that it was Thursday. Imagine my dismay when I looked at my phone, which read: "Wednesday, October 29, 2014." I begrudgingly got ready, walked Finn (who I have yet to post about,) and sauntered out the door for work. Most mornings, I have a protein shake. The recipe is idiot-proof. It's 2 cups Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk and 1 (heaping) scoop Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate Whey Protein Powder. I put it in my blender....ike a newbie, I just ordered Blender Bottles (thank you, Amazon Prime.) The whole process takes me under two minutes. I pour it all into a nice little tumbler, and I'm done. However.....

....this morning, I didn't have the patience, or the time to even make a two minute breakfast protein shake. I was woken up at 7:00....yes, 7:00 by Finn. Now, our school's start time is 7:05. So, after reaching over and looking at my phone, I jumped up so fast that I actually knocked Finn off of the bed. A cup of coffee was clearly out of the question, even with a single serve Keurig. After making sure someone could cover my class, I took Finn for a very brisk walk, threw on a dress, stuffed whatever veggies I had in my fridge into my lunchbox and flew out the door. I'm almost positive I didn't even eat breakfast. Somehow, even after getting stuck behind a backhoe, I made it to school by 7:50. Fast forward to 10:00am. I dropped my kiddos off at Art and headed to the office where a lovely little gift was waiting for me.


Every year, teachers are eligible to be "adopted" by an anonymous family. We fill out a form which lists our name, grade level, favorite restaurants, candies, colors, etc. Last year, I had the most fabulous secret buddy. On top of mounds of school supplies that she bought and wrapped in the most darling baskets, she stocked me up with enough Dubble Bubble and Bubblicious gum to last me until the this year. Literally. I still have pieces of gum that I have yet to open. Good thing, because I go through a ton of gum during the school year. Dubble Bubble happens to be a childhood favorite. This year, I am equally blessed to have an awesome secret pal who has tuned into my love for cute owl collectibles. So far, most of them have been themed with fall or Halloween. This one, was no different and included several pieces of my favorite chocolates!


This gift made my day. I stressed myself out to the max being late this morning and a small goody bag like this instantly brought a smile to my face. I'm sure the chocolate helped, too. After work I tutored and took the time to grocery shop (aka buy lettuce, nail polish remover and facial wipes.) When I got home, I saw what a tornado I caused during my rush this morning. Finn and I moseyed on over to the dog park for a while, then, I attempted to bake cookies for a teammate's birthday tomorrow. I was on a roll until Finn wanted to play with one of her four legged friends that she saw from the balcony. Ten minutes later, I came back into the apartment to find the last batch of my cookies had burnt. Sorry team....only 8 cookies for us tomorrow.  Finn is tired from playing and I am exhausted from a full week of GATE testing and oversleeping. Tomorrow is Halloween....this year, I may just sleep through it. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment