Sunday, July 14, 2013

Packing, Day 1

Every bird must eventually leave their nest and this little bird has decided to take everyone along with me...via this blog! As much as I wish I could take all the people I love with me, it would completely override the purpose of moving. (Sorry, guys!) 

Nonetheless, I thought this would be a good way to share my experience of moving from the Northeast to the Southeast: The good, the bad, the ugly, the sights, the frustrations, the dilemmas and everything in between. 

So, today I decided it would be a good idea to start pulling and purging from my closet and get a head start on the packing process. August 11, 2013 I will begin my 800+ mile journey from CT to SC, moving my entire life down to Charleston. 

Since the drive is so long, Jill and Steve, two of my friends from high school, have decided to join me and make it into a true road trip. Along the way, we will be making a two night stop in Washington, DC. The plan is to do as many "toursity" things as possible in 36 hours. Any suggestions? 


Packing is awful, especially when you have a monstrous amount of clothing, shoes, and accessories. The most daunting part is the fact that when I get to Charleston I'll actually have to unpack everything! 

I started with a quick trip to Walmart to buy Space Bags and some other essentials for my move (hair ties, gum, the usual!) After taking a fluffernutter break for lunch, I began to venture into my closet. Here's a look at my lunch, my closet and the beginning of my purge. 
Lunch; the classic Fluffernutter

Left side of my closet
[sneakers, Sperrys, converse, blazers, sweaters, oxford shirts, slacks]

Middle section of my closet which houses my heels and some flats


Right side of my closet
 [UGGs, Burberry boots, dresses, skirts, shirts, JC track suits]
Most of the clothing from my closet purge has since been either put in Space bags and packed or I have shipped to one of my cousins. I am always happy to send her stuff, especially after my aunt uses words like "idolize," and "worship" to descirbe my cousin's feelings towards me. Ok, to me, that was funny. But in all honesty, I love my family and really am more than willing to give them hand-me-downs that would otherwise go to GoodWill. 

Closet purge



No comments:

Post a Comment